Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Picking a new subscription game

I have needs, after all.

There are three games I'm looking at, right now.

EVE Online - I checked out the 14-day free trial. Not the best game ever, but still a good amount of fun. I'm a sucker for space games.

Laser Squad Nemesis - Not an MMO. A play-by-email strategy game written by some of the X-COM guys.

I've played the demo several times. Pretty cool. I'm a little worried about the time commitment of an email game. Not that it is too much time or too little, but that I can't control the time I spend on a day-to-day basis. If I am playing 4 games, I have to take 4 turns most of the time when I play. I can't take time off. But, if I'm only playing one game, I can't really play more, unless I want to start a new game.

City of Villains
- The only one without a free trial or demo. The only one of the three with a mandatory retail purchase. The one that will cost $100 since I'll drag my wife into it.

So, anyway, my name is Mr. Style. I am the Scourge of the Fashionless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home