Monday, February 06, 2006

Turmoil in the Middle East

The word "interesting" was first invented at a dinner party, as a polite way of describing the political state of the Middle East.

The latest barrel of laughs came courtesy of a series of cartoons published in a Danish newspaper which were, evidently, wildly heretical.

Embassies have been attacked. Buildings have been burned down. Businesses have been closed. People have been killed.

I think I'm on the same wavelength as many other bloggers when I say : why couldn't my blog have touched off all this violence?

Here's how it would work. I say something dangerously blasphemous, like "I bet Mohammed would really enjoy playing video games." Then there are riots and I go into hiding. And then I get a ten million dollar book deal and I blame all my problems on the US government. Everybody Wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home