Monday, November 07, 2005

Why I write about videogames

I grew up in the 1980's. Unfortunately.

Anyway, back in these so called "80's", people couldn't get enough of the the science fiction movies. And they all would try so hard not to be like Star Wars. Which is totally different from today, when new science fiction movies ... try really hard not to be like Star Wars.

One of those movies was The Last Starfighter. I don't remember the story exactly because the movie was released 20 years ago and I never saw it. But the basic idea of the plot is that super-advanced aliens gave us video games so they could test our space-fighting abilities. Then when they needed new starfighter pilots, they had a pool of well-qualified, non-union pilots they could abduct from earth and probe.

That's why I'm so obsessed with videogames. I hope that someday an alien race will emerge from space, abduct me, and ask me to write about their videogames.

I don't think I've been impressing the aliens lately. I slacked off last week. I'm sorry aliens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home