Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Road to 60

I'm working on a new character in World of Warcraft, a warrior. Grinding to 60 is fun.

No it isn't.

My first mistake was made a year ago when I rolled on a PvP server. I thought "Wow, how fun will end-game PvP be. Only on a PvP server will I be able to properly enjoy fighting the horde."

Then I started to play. "Ok, it's not that much fun to get repeatedly killed by a rogue 20 levels higher than me, but it will be worth it, for that awesome end-game PvP that I can only enjoy on a PvP server."

You know the rest of the story. Or maybe you don't. I got to 60. The honor system came out. It turns out that open field PvP sucks. Battlegrounds came out, and they were cool. But Battlegrounds on a PvE server are exactly the same as the ones on a PvP server.

Of course, I can say on the forums that I'm not on a "carebear" server. But having to run back to my corpse repeatedly because I was ganked by somebody twice my level doesn't really mean I have extra skill. I could just slam my hand in a car door every 20 minutes. There's an idea. Everyone who doesn't slam their hand in a car door every 20 minutes is now "carebear".

In fact, all it really means is that my death can provide validation for illiterate juvenile malcontents that shouldn't be getting validated. These guys are supposed to be quaffing drain cleaner, but because of me they're hanging on. It all just makes me ill.

So, here I am, a year later, getting another character up to 60, my 3rd. And again with the malcontents. I wish I had gone PvE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home